The role and person
We are seeking a full Microsoft stack developer to design, modify and configure our business systems to provide first class digital services for our customers and colleagues.
Our core business systems include ActiveH, Unit 4 BWO Finance, M-Files (EDRM), Access Select HR System, QlikView and Website (Umbraco).
Helping to deliver our Digital Transformation Programme
You will operate as a Digital Development team member within multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver new applications, improvements, system changes and support – simplifying services with the end customer in mind. You will bring an authoritative system and data view to the team with the ‘art of the possible’.
As a Software Developer, a typical week might include:
- Working directly with users at all levels of the business to understand their challenges and requirements, ensuring systems are developed for maximum benefit. Working with business experts, change managers and third-party software suppliers to optimise solutions.
- Delivering new applications and additional functionality to existing bespoke systems. Designing and producing high quality workflow routines and configuration code.
- Developing, documenting, testing and implementing changes. Applying agile delivery processes. Using application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports. Ensuring that all requests for support are dealt with according to ITIL standards and procedures.
- Working with service delivery and development teams to commission and design web-based snapshot tools and reports within our ActiveH Housing Management System to facilitate control, performance measurement and management.
- Working with other teams to facilitate better data quality within our systems. Where required, design the means to populate systems, cleanse data and interfaces between systems.
- Identifying and designing improvements to reduce cost and / or improve service whilst maintaining stability.
- Working with other organisations to integrate databases
- Providing 2ndand 3rd line support for incident and release management
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and security protocols and specifically that which relates to Data Protection.
At Accent we’re a keen promoter of agile working and encourage the use of working from home as our new way forward. We’ll provide you with the equipment and software that you’ll need for the purpose of your role however it will be your responsibility to have an appropriate space to work from as well as a suitable broadband connection/provider.
Should you wish to work occasionally from any of our regional offices, you may do so on a hot desk basis which will need to be arranged via our online booking system.
The spot salary for this post is £42,591 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, a defined benefit scheme or a defined contribution scheme, each offering life assurance cover
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about delivering excellent services to customers, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are inclusive – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
We’re always looking to improve diversity within our teams and across Accent so we would welcome any applications from any underrepresented groups. Please note, due to the nature of this role, there may be occasions where you need to travel to our offices.
- Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th February