Permanent, Full Time/Part Time
SYHA has secured funding from the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund to deliver a supported employment programme.
The service will be delivered across Bassetlaw, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood with one main aim: “Place then Train”. The programs are based on individual placement support that has shown to be twice as effective as traditional approaches.
The programs will involve working in an integrated way with health and employment partners including GPs, Social Prescribing, IAPT, Employers, local Housing Associations, other Community Organisations and Trusts, and local Job Centre Plus sites.
CAN YOU EMPOWER SOMEONE TO MAKE POSITIVE LONG-TERM CHANGES TO THEIR LIVES?
We have an exciting opportunity for individuals to join our Good Work Team as community-based Employment Specialist. You will provide individual support to customers faced with barriers into employment, using a strength-based approach to gain sustainable paid work. You will feel comfortable working with a caseload of 20-30 customers (FTE) from a wide geography, and across different projects in a fast-paced environment. We get to work quickly, and you will too.
For our perfect candidate we are offering a flexible role, working in a caring and friendly team, with a great package of benefits. If you want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
- Starting Salary: £22,925 (plus Essential Car User allowance and mileage dependant on holding a full driving license and access to a vehicle)
- Working Hours: Full and Part time hours. Flexible working which can include evenings and weekends depending on needs of customers
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including an employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Pension contribution
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you.
More about the role:
We’re proud to have zero-exclusion criteria so our customers come from all walks of life. The Employment Specialists will undertake rapid job search with customers, developing links within the community to source individualised employment opportunities for customers. They will coach customers in important work skills and provide in-work and in-learning support to sustain outcomes. You will:
- Use strengths-based coaching with customers with health conditions and any other barriers into work to enable them to secure and sustain employment
- Build relationships with employers to understand their recruitment needs in order to source individualised employment opportunities for our customers
- Work with employers to support their employees who are struggling due to their condition to thrive in the workplace
- Work with health partners to provide an integrated, holistic employment service
- Motivate customers, to ensure continual engagement and to ensure that customers are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to move into sustainable employment
Who you are:
We are looking for people who enjoy working and interacting in the community, who can communicate effectively with a wide range of people including harder to reach groups. Our successful candidate will meet the criteria below:
- Be committed to equality and diversity
- Be able to support customers in a strength-based, solution focused way
- Experienced in managing difficult situations/problem solving is essential
- Ability to adjust plans depending on customer needs is also essential
- You will need to have excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Customer Databases) and be able to record information accurately
- Have a strong proven background in Coaching and Motivational Interviewing to achieve our ambitious outcome targets
- Must be passionate about customer service and tailoring it to customer individual needs, to perform well and have a positive impact on our programs.
- Hold a full valid driving license and access to a vehicle for work is desirable
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
About UK Community Renewal Fund:
The UK Community Renewal Fundi s a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment.
Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 7th February 2022
Interview Date: Friday 11th February 2022