The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for an Extra Care Housing & Customer Support Advisor to join us in Okehampton, working 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
Overview of the role
We’re looking for someone with a strong track record in Extra Care Housing, delivering exceptional levels of customer service and who’ll effectively manage and assist with housing related queries, i.e rent, housing benefit, budgeting etc.
You’ll be someone who enjoys effectively communicating to customers and promoting Guinness whilst modelling our behaviours. You will respond quickly and positively to resolve customer queries. Ensuring that GDPR & Safeguarding practices are followed.
Reporting into the Extra Care and Support Manager, this exciting role provides a housing support service to our Customers living in our Extra Care scheme. This role is responsible for the Health & Safety of the Building and our Customers. You will provide a high-quality housing support and advisory service to our Customers to enhance quality of life, whilst maintaining independence and privacy.
- Knowledge with working with customers in a housing and care setting.
- Knowledge with providing housing related support, this includes housing benefit matters
- Able to work as part of a team and liaise with other housing related professionals.
- Good understanding of housing related Health & Safety.
- Good level of knowledge of IT and administration skills.
- Good oral & written communication.
- Previous housing or administration background.
- Housing Benefit and Tenure experience, delivering estate services, i.e cleaning, caretaking, grounds maintenance services.
- Experience in Health & Safety legislation and best practice.
- Previous experience of working with housing management systems, or IT systems.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.