Here at Stonewater, a fantastic opportunity has become available for a Director of Development to take ownership for the effective delivery and management of our development programme across a region of operation. You’ll work closely with the other Directors of Development, Director of Development Operations and Executive Director of Development to deliver Stonewater’s growth strategy and achieving at least 1500 affordable homes per year.
Leading, supporting, and motivating the Development Team, ensuring the delivery of the business plan objectives, you will identify areas of diversification of business which will allow delivery of new housing outside of traditional programmes including Joint Ventures. You will promote a climate of high performance and quality standards, continual improvement including environmental and sustainability, plus value for money, ensuring that performance targets are achieved and exceeded where possible.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have recent experience in the successful delivery of affordable housing of at least 250 homes per annum.
- Have excellent knowledge of affordable housing, including funding, financial appraisals, planning process, Homes England practices, housing policies, housing markets and an understanding of land and contract law.
- Have strong leadership qualities with experience of working at senior level in a complex organisation.
- Be a good team player who is comfortable managing a regional team; leading, inspiring, motivating and developing employees.
- Be able to work effectively in partnership with managers, senior colleagues, employees, stakeholders and board members.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing, and persuasion skills.
- Have good business acumen, including strategic and tactical thinking skills.
- Have a strong customer focus and be committed to high quality service delivery.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?