Rent & Service Charge Officer – Housing (Agile Working)
Location: Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk (Agile / Flexible Working)
Salary: Up to £33,000 per annum
Hours: 37½ hours per week
Closing Date – Sunday 30th January 2022
We have an opportunity for a Rent & Service Charge Officer to join us on a full time, permanent basis to work and support on all aspects of rent and service charge setting for the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the business in setting and reviewing service charges for both rental and home ownership properties.
- Ensuring that all rent and service charge increases, including ‘Year End’, are calculated and implemented in line with legislation regulation policies.
- Ensuring the accurate preparation and input of rent account information, reconciliation, maintenance of essential controls, resolution of error queries to transactions, monitoring of transactions and production of account statements.
- Maintaining controls and records relating to the rent accounts, for current, new, void and former properties.
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Role Profile attached.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge and/or experience of rent setting as well as variable service charge delivery.
- A good understanding of Landlord and Tenancy obligations contained in Leases, Tenancy Agreements and Freehold Agreements.
- Have experience in a customer service environment involving contact with the public.
- Be a proven collaborator with the ability to build effective links with all relevant stakeholders internally and externally
- Possess good IT skills to include use of Dynamics 365, Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
We are a housing association based in Norfolk providing quality homes and services to people across the county and in Suffolk.
We manage over 6,000 homes including affordable homes for those in housing need who cannot afford to rent or buy in the open market.
We offer specialist homes for older and vulnerable adults and are committed to providing new homes to help solve the housing crisis.