Assistant Director - Development and Sales
Salary: up to £82,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: Thursday 10 February 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 24 February 2022
Do you want the opportunity to join one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands and make a real difference to the lives of our residents?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join us as our Assistant Director of Development and Sales with a target of delivering 2100 homes over 5 years for NCHA, plus additional projects for established clients.
We’re Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA); one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. Established in 1973, we house more than 20,000 people and manage over 10,000 homes in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland.
We pride ourselves on being a different kind of housing association, one that has no ambition to be the biggest, but always aspires to be the best. At the heart of this philosophy are strong partnerships and a commitment to customer scrutiny and participation. This person-centred approach extends to our employees. We value the outstanding contribution they make. Our people are very loyal to us and we are proud to be loyal to them, nurturing a friendly, supportive environment and an open, no-blame culture.
About the role
Overseeing the new business and delivery of NCHA’s and its client’s development and sales programmes, you’ll provide a holistic programme delivery service to clients, Homes England and other stakeholders. Further to this, with your expertise you’ll provide strategic leadership, advice and support to the Development and Sales Teams.
As overall strategic lead for property sales, you’ll ensure effective alignment to business goals and sales/ disposals strategy and co-ordinate, progress and deliver major development projects and programmes
To view the full list of duties, please view the role profile
Holding a relevant degree and / or professional qualification, you’ll have In-depth knowledge of current issues relating to housing development and sales, along with experience of managing significant and complex development budgets. With an excellent record of delivering a variety of satisfactory development programmes, you will have extensive experience of construction procurement.
You may have previously held a similar role, or have significant experience of strategic development planning, so you will have knowledge of Homes England systems, of using development appraisal software and other related applications to retrieve and manipulate complex data.
Due to the nature of the role you must hold a valid UK Driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
In return for your values, skills and experience, you will have access to the following benefits:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service (including Bank Holidays)
- Hybrid working – with flexibility in relation to office working and location
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the company at 7.5% (although this is under review – and could be improved) and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at the company
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and disabled candidates.
Women and black, Asian and minority ethnic colleagues are currently under-represented in managerial positions and we particularly welcome suitable applications.
As part of our LGBT + Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.