What you'll do
We’re looking for someone exceptional who wants to make a difference and strives in a challenging environment. If you have a proven track record of managing the technical construction delivery process from pre-construction technical support to consulting with a wide range of internal & external stakeholders, with the aim to ensure continuous service delivery improvements, a fabulous opportunity has arisen to join us as a Technical Manager - Design Quality and Procurement
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Work with the Head of Technical & Design to create and deliver a plan that enables the team to operate effectively.
- Manage technical construction aspects of the development programme; identify and manage building performance issues to minimise risks and maximise opportunities.
- Work with the Land and New Business Team to provide technical support from bid through to hand over to construction on land led and package deals.
- Support the Aftercare Team to review and minimise Latent Defects and to ensure satisfactory resolution of latent defect cases and make certain learnings are fed into design and quality of future schemes.
- Lead on the review and continuous improvement of building contract amendments with particular regard to building safety.
- Lead on the review of legislation and regulations pertaining to building safety working with the Development and Sales director providing them with advice and updates.
The successful candidate will have ideally worked for a Housing Association, House Builder and/or Local Authority in a similar position carrying out Technical Management, Pre-construction or Design management duties. In addition, you will have:
- A professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, ARB or equivalent in relation to this role.
- Knowledge of the construction technology and sustainability in the built environment including statutory compliance.
- An excellent understanding of current Building Regulations and other regulatory documents within the construction industry.
- Experience managing strategic Development projects relating to Technical Design, Safety, Aftercare, Innovation, specifications, and Employer's Requirements.
- A full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle.
The role will work with a range of Internal & External stakeholders, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll need to live our one team culture.
Closing date for applications: Monday 7 February 2022 at midnight.
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.