At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Stock Investment Manager, your ability to lead and be responsible for design, procure and delivery of Planned, Cyclical and Major Work refurbishment on behalf of Lewisham Homes could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Stock Investment Manager, you will be responsible for enabling the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of properties which are the responsibility of Lewisham Homes.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Lead projects from inception to completion and ensure that all team members work together for successful outcomes. Ensuring buildings and project works conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards.
- Management of a team of Contract Managers and Clerk of Works ensuring that projects are delivered successfully to programme and budget in-line with Health and safety compliance.
- Ensure that internal and external stakeholders are consulted, in particular, residents and Home Ownership team in order to carry out statutory notifications of projects in a timely manner and in accordance with LH procedural documents.
- Contribute to the delivery of the department’s operational budget, ensuring that value for money for all works and assets are managed proactively within a commercial environment. Be the overall Contract Administrator Projects as well as assessing and certifying contract payments including the settlement of final accounts as well as any disputes.
- Oversee with the team, all necessary statutory applications such as planning applications and building control ensuring the Contract and Project Managers provide practical advice in order to solve technical and customer related problems.
- Offer expert advice on Contract Management. Attend contractor and/or consultant meetings.
- Ensure that risk management is undertaken for all projects.
- Ensure that statistical, financial and written reports are produced for all projects as required.
- Assist in the production of policies, procedures and technical briefs as required.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize the value and potential value of current and future housing assets and project works.
- Review with the Head of Stock Investment, investment options appraisals and consideration of non-traditional solutions that increase quality and value.
- Proactively keep abreast of new products and building techniques in order to inform future works programmes.
- Attend meetings with residents and stakeholders as required, which may be after office hours.
- Build, establish and maintain effective working relationships with local authorities and other external stakeholders
- Provide information as required by the Director and Head of Stock Investment regarding individual project performance for the purpose of answering specific requests
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Lewisham Homes is committed to continuing to create an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination during the recruitment process and the employment lifecycle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified/experienced individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.