The Financial Reporting Team, within our Finance directorate, is responsible for providing financial reporting to all directorates within Stonewater. They contribute to our strategic theme of managing our resources effectively and efficiently to ensure we have the financial capacity to deliver our priorities and deliver an excellent customer service.
We are now looking for a Financial Accounting Trainee to assist the Financial Accountant in providing support to the Development directorate. This will also provide transactional level support and analysis for the Financial Reporting Team and cover some routine tasks for the Assistant Business Partner when on study leave.
Within the role, you will prepare and post financial journals to ensure all transactions are correctly posted and the accounts are financially accurate. This includes the preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments. You will close the month end and year end on a timely basis, making sure the accounts are true and accurate, produce balance sheet reconciliations and carry out CIS and VAT returns. Working with the Financial Accountant, you will investigate errors and instigate corrections to postings, prepare and update reporting templates for periodic management account packs and KPI’s and prepare reconciliations for various systems interfacing and interacting with Dynamics such as RAM, POPs, Pamwin, iTrent and ActiveH.
Stonewater is an incredibly dynamic organisation, and this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make a career in accountancy!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a genuine desire to work towards a recognised Accountancy qualification such as ACCA or CIMA (The company could offer apprenticeship programme and other study support).
- Have some experience of working within a finance department.
- Be highly numerical with a genuine passion for all things numbers.
- Be a strong team player who has the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Have excellent communication skills, able to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be highly organised, able to prioritise own workload.
- Be proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Have some experience of using accounting systems.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?