Head Office, Rudgeway, South Gloucestershire and some homeworking
SALARY: £26,000 to £29,000 per annum dependant on experience
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
CONTRACT: Permanent Role
REPORTING TO: Head of Housing Services as part of the Housing Team.
Elim Housing Association is a provider of housing and support services in the West of England and Gloucestershire. Our vision is ‘to meet housing need and deliver homes that change people’s lives’. Elim’s aim for it’s customers is to ensure that the housing and services Elim provide serve as a platform for growth, facilitating all our customers to achieve their aspirations. In this way, we make our homes truly life changing by ensuring that our service has a positive impact long after a person has left Elim accommodation.
Elim CARES Values were created in partnership with our customers, staff, Board and other stakeholders, and they represent our commitment to how we deliver our services and work together successfully:
C - Customers First – Customers are at the heart of our services and decision making.
A - Aspirational and Accountable – We are ambitious for our customers, staff and stakeholders. We work with integrity, learn from mistakes and do what we say we will.
R - Results – We work hard and deliver great results for our customers and for Elim.
E - Everyone’s view matters – We listen to understand, improve and build our services
S - Supportive – We tackle challenges head on and inspire each other to achieve our potential.
This role oversees delivery of housing management services for our residents in Birmingham, Wales and Gloucester. Based at home or Head Office, you will be responsible for a patch of around 300 properties delivering a generic social housing management role.
What you will be doing:
- Customer engagement and advice.
- Collection of rent and management of rent accounts including income maximisation.
- Management of empty homes including reletting.
- Housing advice including assisting with our Shared Ownership residents.
- Management of reports of ant-social behaviour.
- Working with our partners to secure the best outcomes for the resident
What you will need to be successful:
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Housing Officer in a social housing environment.
- Experience of managing rent accounts.
- Experience of managing anti-social behaviour caseload.
- Experience of managing empty homes.
- Ability to work to targets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of working with diverse communities.
- Experience of working in partnership.
Elim employees benefit from:
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 30 days.
- Company pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Annual bonus.
- Health cash plan, which includes discounts to a wide range of shops and services.
- Free onsite car parking.
- Flexi-time and TOIL.
How to apply:
For more details on the role and to apply please visit our website.
If you need any assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01454 411172.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact the Head of Housing Services, Sara Bennett on 01454 411172 or email her direct on S.Bennett@elimhousing.co.uk
Closing Date: 13th February 2022
Interview Date: 25th February 2022
Elim values having a workforce as diverse as the customers we work with. We welcome and support applications from all sections of the community.