Permanent, Part Time (30 hours per week)
Bedford Women’s Refuge, Butterfly House, is a safe haven for women and their children, fleeing domestic abuse. This new provision accommodates up to 10 women, either with or without dependent children with a safe and stable place for them to live, whilst accessing therapeutic recovery support.
As a Domestic Abuse Support Worker at Butterfly House, you’ll manage a caseload of customers who have complex needs, through their journey with Stonewater’s supported housing service, ensuring a strengths based, trauma informed approach that enables them to realise their potential.
You’ll work closely with key partners, delivering quality, outcome focused coaching support sessions in one-to-one and group settings, providing both emotional and practical support. This will include sessions on keeping safe, healthy relationships, substance use, mental health and wellbeing, finance and budget management, and employment skills. You’ll ensure that our customers are supported to stay safe and are aware of their rights to legal protection for themselves whilst identifying and signposting customers to any other services that they may benefit from that is available from partner agencies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven experience of working with people who have multiple complex needs and/or domestic abuse.
- Have experience of completing CAADA DASH risk assessments and carrying out robust safety planning.
- Have an understanding of the practical, emotional, economic and social issues of those experiencing domestic abuse, particularly those who have complex needs.
- Have proven complex case management experience, with a clear focus on outcomes for customers and their wider community.
- Have the ability to record concise, accurate case notes and support paperwork.
- Be able to demonstrate partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health teams, offending services or other relevant services.
- Have knowledge of housing and benefits advice.
- Have experience of using a housing management system or other similar software.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
Female applicants only under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 - Section 9 - Part 1 (A) as a genuine occupational requirement.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?