At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Complaints and Correspondence Officer, your ability to deal with all Repair Service focused complaints in a professional manner could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Complaints and Correspondence Officer, you will be responsible for providing support to Repairs Services complaint respondents and ensure complaint responses are submitted to deadlines.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- The responsibility for the Repairs Service complaints performance ensuring we meet our KPI’s.
- To provide and promote a professional and good quality service to both internal and external customers.
- To deal with all Repair Service focused complaints in a professional manner, following them up on completion to ensure customer satisfaction and prevent escalation and negotiating and managing resolutions.
- To ensure all complaint responses to Informal, stage 1, 2 and 3 complaints, General Enquiries, MP, Mayoral, Councillor, Premature Ombudsman, Ombudsman, Freedom of Information and Chief Executive Enquiries are provided to the customer within required timescales.
- To allocate all Repairs Service related complaints, enquiries and comments. Review background, complaints history and systems to ensure allocation to Investigating Officer (IO). Following up where necessary and reporting direct to management/senior management as and when issues arise.
- Liaising directly with the IA/HO/LGO identifying solutions via meetings with the IA. Attending site visits to stakeholders homes, interpreting technical issues to achieve complaint resolution and satisfaction and informed complaint responses.
- To be the lead officer responsible for complaints allocated to you, being the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders throughout the complaint process.
- To ensure complaints are dealt with within specified timeframes, continually monitoring the progress of the complaint from the very beginning to the completion and reporting direct to management/senior management as and when issues arise.
- To follow procedures for stage 3 complaint responses, to coordinate a meeting with all involved throughout all stages. To obtain a detailed history for the issues pertaining to the case and carry out a thorough investigation in order to prepare the RFI report for the Independent Adjudicator.
- To quality check and scrutinise MP, Cllr, Mayoral and all enquiries that require Director or Head of Service approval, challenging where necessary.
- To manage multifaceted complaints and enquiries. Liaising cross departmentally, ensuring a high standard of quality on co-ordinated responses. Challenging and seeking information as necessary.
- To monitor the implementation of any recommendations or actions arising from the decision made by the IA/HO/LGO on complaints. Ensuring actions are planned, communicated and recorded.
- To provide support, training and guidance to repairs staff on iCase, customer enquiries, complaints policies and procedures, feeding back at regular meetings with service managers.
- To monitor all matters relating to FOI/SAR/DPA along with social media and press related enquiries logged to the repairs department specifically. Ensuring we comply with legislative and regulatory processes. Ensuring that quality responses are provided to required timescales and issues are escalated to management/senior management.
- To assist the Customer Relations Team Leader to proactively identify methods of resolving complaints quickly and informally, where possible.
- To support the Customer Relations Team when required, including the allocation of complaints and performing system maintenance. In addition to acting as an intermediary between Repairs, CRT and for any cross departmental support required.
- To review all complaint responses and ensure all actions detailed are uploaded to the complaints system, tasked to the relevant team member with the appropriate action timeframe.
- To collating the response for LBL Insurance Team enquiries.
- To draft enquiry responses for Director approval.
- To manage the compensation aspect of the complaint and provide supporting documentation to the Finance Team for audit.
- To monitor the Repairs Guarantee and Loss of Amenity forms
This position is a full time fixed term contract until 31st July 2022. The post is agile working with some days being office based.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Lewisham Homes is committed to continuing to create an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination during the recruitment process and the employment lifecycle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified/experienced individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.