The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Assets Manager to join our team on a permanent basis.
In this role, you’ll lead and manage the Commercial Assets Team, taking responsibility for a national portfolio of commercial assets as well as the installation of ultrafast fibre broadband to our customers’ homes. Currently, the portfolio consists of approximately 70 non-residential assets, which range from shop lets to office sublets – and we have plans to grow our portfolio over the coming years, both through our significant development programme, as well as seeking new investment opportunities. As a chartered surveyor with extensive experience of leasehold management and brilliant relationship management skills, not only will you ensure that all assets all are fully compliant with appropriate health & safety and statutory requirements, but you will also maximise our returns on assets and work to grow and develop our commercial portfolio.
This role can be based either from our Oldham (OL9 7LH) or London (NW1 3FG) office. We are currently trialling hybrid working, which offers the opportunity to work 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home.
- Proven knowledge and expertise of commercial asset management including knowledge of current landlord and tenant legislation and property law relating to commercial premises.
- Proven knowledge of health and safety law and public liability responsibilities relating to non-residential assets – land etc.
- Demonstrable commercial negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to communicate complex information to specialist and non-specialist colleagues sufficient to aid their understanding and actions.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Chartered RICS surveyor
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Advert Close: Monday 7th February 2022 at midnight
Interviews: Week commencing 14th February 2022.