Milton Keynes Development Partnership LLP
£35,000 to £45,000 plus benefits including LGPS
Milton Keynes Development Partnership (MKDP) is a limited liability partnership, established in 2013 by Milton Keynes Council (MKC) to manage and develop a substantial portfolio of property predominately purchased from the Homes & Communities Agency.
The operation of MDKP’s business is delegated to an Independent Board, who are supported by a small expert team.
We have reached a very exciting stage in our existence and have an excellent track record of delivering outcomes that have benefited Milton Keynes. We have expertly utilised our portfolio of property and assets to create new high-quality developments, that have brought many new homes and jobs to the area and achieved positive placemaking outcomes.
Over the next few years, we will have a shift in focus, driving forward the creation of a new Registered provider of Social Housing; Milton Keynes Housing Company (MKHC) to improve the quality and quantity of affordable homes across the borough, whilst also continuing to contribute to the placemaking agenda.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer to join us.
As part of a small finance team the Finance Officer will assist the Financial Controller in providing finance and business support services for Milton Keynes Development Partnership LLP and Milton Keynes Housing Company Ltd. This is a good opportunity to gain access to all aspects of delivering a finance service.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining financial records for daily transactions, inputting transactions and preparing weekly and monthly journals as required
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with Management
- Assist with year end preparation and provide support for the audit process at year end
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with the preparation of the VAT return and regulatory, statistical and other returns
- Raise requisitions and invoices as required for the finance team
- Respond to financial queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Assist the Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer with specific projects as required
What we’re looking for:
- AAT qualified or part qualified accountant (CCAB) or equivalent (e.g. degree in accounting or finance)
- Experience of working in a finance team; Desirable: experience of working in a finance team in a housing (Housing Association or similar or property environment
- Experience of using accounting software.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills, able to use functions such as Lookups and Pivot tables
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting practices and procedures
- Great attention to detail and the ability to analyse, interpret, explain and summarise data and issues in a logical manner