Grants and Operations Manager (Hyde Charitable Trust)
Any Hyde offices - Chichester, Brighton, Rochester, London Bridge, Peterborough (40% office-based, 60% remote working)
Salary - £38,700 - £48,060
Closing Date: 25th May
Interviews: w/c 30th May
Are you experienced in grant making and looking for your next challenge? Do you have a successful track record in administering multiple grant programmes?
The Hyde Group has an exciting opportunity to join their community investment team as their Grants and Operations Manager. You will be responsible for delivering a growing grants programme and managing the operations of the Hyde Charitable Trust.
At the Hyde Group, our vision is to provide a great home for everyone. Our values guide the way we operate as a business: we’re customer driven, inclusive, collaborative and innovative.
The postholder will have a vital role in the Hyde Foundation team and will be joining a team of dedicated professionals who work closely together to make a positive impact on the lives of our most vulnerable customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape our £1m+ annual grant giving during an exciting period of growth and change for the Trust.
We want you to bring your enthusiasm, organisation and an excellent eye for detail to this role and you’ll have every chance to really make your own mark.
Duties of the Grants and Operations Manager:
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing an excellent service to our applicants and stakeholders are essential.
Experience of grant-making (minimum 2 years) and managing a variety of operational tasks are essential. You should also have knowledge of one or more of the following: housing/homelessness; community investment; employment; children and young people, poverty.
- Provide specialist advice and support to internal and external stakeholders, acting as Hyde Foundation’s subject-matter lead on grant giving regulations
- Maintain accurate records for each grant and across all grant programmes, taking ownership of the HCT Grant Management System and providing accurate and up-to-date progress reports for key stakeholders.
- Assist with the delivery of the HCT’s governance, risk management, performance, monitoring and financial management activities, ensuring a fully compliant grants administration process to mitigate all identified risks and with appropriate separation of authorisation/approvals.
- Design and deliver grants feedback and evaluation activities, working in partnership with relevant colleagues across the team.
- Produce written evidence to demonstrate the impact of the grants programmes as required, including statistical analysis, case studies and project reports.
- Be responsible for budget analysis and reporting across all grant programmes.
This role will appeal to an experienced grants professional who is a self-starter and looking to expand their knowledge and impact in the grants sector.
We offer a great flexible benefits package, a 35 hour working week, a fantastic pension scheme and the opportunity to work for an organisation whose social purpose is to help provide people with a home.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group as a social business, and critical in delivering our vision of a great home for everyone. We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.