The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Support Officer to join our team in Oldham on a permanent full-time basis.
We are looking for a motivated individual to help our customers to sustain their tenancies. This is a telephone-based service covering our national geography, working closely with our Customer Liaison Officers and Customer Account Teams. Our ideal candidate will have recent proven experience of providing complex welfare advice and benefits and the knowledge to signpost customers who have specific support needs to the relevant external agencies and make suitable employment referrals.
We are currently trialling hybrid working, which offers the opportunity to work 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. Specific days to be agreed during the on-boarding process.
Overview of the team
The Customer Support team consists of 25 people all working hard to deliver an amazing customer focused service.
You will be part of a team of 20 Customer Support Officers who help our customers by:
- Working with them to improve their finances and ability to pay for their home
- Managing our Hardship Fund to support customers who are in crisis
- Liaising with external support providers to ensure they have the right support package in place
Reporting to the Customer Support Team Manager, the Customer Support Officers key responsibilities will be to support our customers with:
- Income and Expenditure assessments
- Benefit assessments for Housing Benefit
- Support Universal Credit claimants
- Applications for Discretionary Housing Payments
- Providing information for personal budgeting
- Reviewing customers entitlement for Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance and Tax Credits
- Assess eligibility for Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independent Payments
- Applications for utility grants to pay off utility debt
- Researching and identifying appropriate support providers
- Liaising with external agencies such as social workers, health care providers and floating support agencies
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.