Full time: 35 hours per week
Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 per annum
Car Allowance: £5,000 per annum
Hastoe is an award-winning housing association that manages 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Maintenance Surveyor to join our East Region team. The successful candidate will work closely with our contact centre and our external contractors providing excellent customer service to our residents, while ensuring Hastoe maintains and repairs its properties economically and in accordance with the legal requirements.
This position is principally to cover the London area and Hastoe currently has property in areas such as Brent, Bromley, Dartford, Havering, Croydon, Richmond, Hertfordshire and Surrey. Ideally applicants should be based locally to these areas for ease of travel between our properties.
Duties include will include:
- Inspecting defects in dwellings and specifying cost effective repairs
- Perform domestic surveys, determine necessary remedial works and specify appropriate repairs
- Assisting with the specification and inspection of planned maintenance works
- Assisting with the maintenance of accurate stock data
- Pre and post void inspections including specifying works and liaising with colleagues in housing.
What we are looking for
You will need to have good working knowledge of building construction, The Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation. You’ll also need:
- Experience of supervising contractors on site
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Aware of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos
- Experience in using housing management systems (Hastoe use MIS)
- Hold a valid driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
- This position is principally to cover the London area and Hastoe currently has property in areas such as Brent, Bromley, Dartford, Havering, Croydon, Richmond, Hertfordshire and Surrey. Ideally applicants should be based locally to these areas for ease of travel between our properties.
For more information on the role, please see the job description.
Your salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible working opportunities, discounts and pension scheme.
Annual Leave: 25 days (increasing with service up to 28 days) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions are based on a matching of your own contribution level plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8%.
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)
Please send your CV email@example.com by midnight 12 June 2022.
Initial Interviews will be held at our office in Little Chesterford, near Saffron Walden.
For more information about the role or enquiries about the application process please contact James Johnson, Property Services Manage on 07912 or the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8973 0435.
This post is subject to background checks.