The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £370m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector.
Within the new IT Service Management team, we have some ambitious goals, and we’re looking for the best people in the industry to support the growth and development of the department. At Guinness, we understand that our people are key to achieving our objectives and this new opportunity for a Network & Security Infrastructure Engineer is an important hire for the new team.
About the role
The successful candidate will support the 24/7 operation and maintenance of Guinness’ IT infrastructure by delivering 2nd and 3rd Line Support of Incidents within the Data Centre network and security infrastructure, providing swift Return to Service for business users and services
What we’re looking for
You’ll be an experienced Network & Security Infrastructure Engineer with Cisco (CCNA) or Fortinet (NSE4) certifications with the ability to build, configure and operate the Data Centre technologies and services, supporting Live, Disaster Recovery and Test environments and providing support to projects and programmes. Deliver the effective and efficient management of IT problems, including Root Cause Analysis and the production of solutions. Operate Guinness’s data network (including wide area network and Wi-Fi) and cyber security infrastructure and solutions and support Guinness’s IT Change Management processes to protect the live IT estate.
- Proven knowledge in Cisco and Fortinet technologies.
- Proven knowledge of Network monitoring tools including SolarWinds.
- Excellent prioritisation skills.
- Experience operating within an ITIL environment.
- Good knowledge of IT services delivered within a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of Incident, Problem, & Event Management.
- Able to maintain good supplier relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Cisco (CCNA) or Fortinet (NSE4) certifications or equivalent.
- Computer Science degree qualified or equivalent experience.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- ITIL – Intermediate Certificate - Operational Support & Analysis Module – (Training Provided).
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.