Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for a committed and motivated person to work closely with and support The Retirement Housing Manager in delivering a high-quality Retirement Housing service to our organisation. You are experienced working with vulnerable adults in a semi-independent housing service, as well as have a strong understanding of the needs of Older People. This role calls for experience of completing risk assessments and possess a sound knowledge of welfare benefits and health and safety procedures for this type of service. This post is predominantly lone working If you’re a practical thinker and doer, you’ll be able to plan and prioritise work, and adapt to change when necessary so you must be able to priorities your work and meet firm deadlines.
You truly care about and have deep knowledge of issues affecting vulnerable people and the elderly. You want to make a difference to their wellbeing and understand that social isolation can happen anywhere and to anybody.
You will be working as part of a wider team of Scheme Managers providing a high-quality housing service to older people in the Chelmsford, Barnet, Finchley and Hertfordshire areas. This is a rewarding and exciting position, responsible for building relationships and trust internally within your Origin team and Residents.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you:
- Act as main point of contact for Residents and their families.
- Provide cover for the Scheme Manager Service at other Origin retirement housing schemes when necessary.
- Write and review reports and complete risk assessments
- Respond to emergency situations received via the Warden Call system or other contact during daytime hours
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies and procedures are maintained within the service including the prompt reporting and follow up of communal repairs
- carry out regular Scheme and estate inspections including regular fire alarm tests and fire Safety inspections
- Take the lead by prioritising and solving problems in tangible ways
- Direct your energy towards moving things forward by having a positive, can-do attitude
- Build trust by being a confident communicator and listener
- Remember the little things and go the extra, extra, extra mile.
What you’ll need
- An understanding of needs of older people
- Foster good relationships with tenant’s, families, colleagues and external partners.
- Experience in housing
- Customer Focused environment
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 6th June 2022
Interview and assessment date: 16th June 2022