Islington - predominantly covering the North London area
£38,700 - £48,060
Experience: Working within social housing and voids repairs is desirable
Qualifications: Degree or similar. HNC/HND
A basic DBS check will be carried out on the successful candidate.
Closing Date:25th May
Interviews: w/c 30th May
We are recruiting for a Surveyor to work within our Responsive Repairs surveying team.
At the Hyde Group, our vision is to provide a great home for everyone. Our values guide the way we operate as a business: we’re customer driven, inclusive, collaborative and innovative.
You will provide an excellent and professional housing maintenance service. You will be responsible for the specification, issue, supervision and monitoring of repairs related building maintenance. This includes repair and maintenance, void works, refurbishment, adaptations, modernisation and improving and servicing of properties to meet customer expectations. You will also ensure all responsive repairs works are carried out to the required standard, quality and value for money.
Duties of a Surveyor:
- Work within agreed budgets and cost controls, ensuring adherence with financial procedures at all times.
- Produce reports and other information as required in line with statutory, regulatory and policy requirements.
- Provide technical reports, appraisals, measurement, costings and estimates as required.
- Undertake surveys and prepare schedules and any contract specification documents. Amend existing documents to reflect any changes or enhancements to the existing repairs service as directed.
- Issue warning/default notices, enforce liquidated damages and issue variation orders as required.
- Under the direction of the Team Leader monitor, supervise and control the repairs service and ensure compliance with any contracts or service level agreements.
- Ascertain, report on and take mitigating action, as required, for known risks associated with the repairs service including any potential failure of any compliance related activity, this may require carrying out ‘desk top’ reviews of Fire Risk Assessments, Lifts, LGSR’s, Electrical TI’s, ACM’s, Legionella.
- Regularly inspect the quality of workmanship in accordance with the agreed standard specifications of work as directed and ensure that all call backs are completed in a timely fashion based on priority and risk.
We offer an award-winning flexible benefits package, a 35 hour working week, a fantastic pension scheme and the opportunity to work for an organisation whose social purpose is to help provide people with a home.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group as a social business, and critical in delivering our vision of a great home for everyone. We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.