We're looking for an experienced Customer Accounts Specialist to join our lovely Home Ownership team in Norwich or Islington. If you thrive in a customer focused environment and pride yourself on providing the highest level of customer service, this could be the perfect role for you!
The Customer Accounts Specialists will support the delivery of the Group's income management service and policies, which aim to maximise the amount of rent and service charge collected from, and minimise the financial hardship suffered by our customers.
Some of the key accountabilities for the role include:
- Owning the whole income collection and arrears process within a defined patch and to undertake the monitoring and recovery of housing debt through to conclusion, as defined by policy and process to ensure appropriate recovery action is taken to reduce the level and incidence of arrears in line with annual targets
- Taking legal action as appropriate and in line with policy to recover housing debt, including the service of notices, the completion of legal paperwork and the presentation of cases in the county court before a district judge without legal representation
- Establishing and maintaining strong, effective relationships with Clarion colleagues and external partners, such as local authorities, the DWP and advice agencies including mortgage providers
- Daily liaison with customers over the telephone to resolve queries
- Attending and execute evictions
What we're looking for?
Customer service is key in this role and we'd love to hear from you if you have a strong track record in delivering a high quality service and first rate communication skills. You need to be able to adapt well and be confident in dealing with difficult situations. You'll present cases to court so need excellent written communication skills and you should be comfortable with report writing. You'll have experience of customer account management and debt recovery working for a housing provider or similar.
In terms of experience, a housing background is essential along with GCSE Maths and English Grade C or equivalent and proficiency in MS Office packages. You'll need to be able to travel extensively in order to attend court.
What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service.
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of dental insurance, restaurant card, cycle to work; we also give you 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5%
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time working and job share, enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, and compassionate leave.
Contract: 12 Month Contract (maternity cover)
Hours: Full Time 36 hours per week
Location: This role can be based in Norwich or Islington.The team enjoy a blend of working from home and in the office once a week.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: Sunday 5th June 2022 at midnight
For further details on this vacancy, please click 'apply' or visit our website.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
In the event that we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close this advert early.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy; Clarion are not able to offer visa sponsorship. You are required to reside in the UK for the duration of your employment.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want Clarion to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Clarion an inclusive place to work.