Health and Wellbeing Coach
Permanent, Full Time
SYHA has secured funding to deliver various supported employment programmes funded by the Governments Work & Health Unit, National Lottery Community Fund, EuropeanSocial Fund, NHS and AEB.
These employment programs are delivered across the whole of South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire with one main aim: “Place then Train”. The programs are based on individual placement support that has shown to be twice as effective as traditional approaches.
The programs will involve working in an integrated way with health and employment partners including GPs, Social Prescribing, IAPT, Musculoskeletal Services, Employers, local Housing Associations, other Community Organisations and Trusts, and local Job Centre Plus sites.
CAN YOU EMPOWER SOMEONE TO MAKE POSITIVE LONG-TERM CHANGES TO THEIR LIVES?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Work and Wellbeing Team as a community-based Health and Wellbeing Coach. You will provide individual health related support to customers facing barriers into employment, using a strength-based approach to gain sustainable paid work. You will feel comfortable working with a caseload from a base within the South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire areas, and across different projects in a fast-paced environment. We get to work quickly, and you will too.
For our perfect candidate we are offering a flexible role, working in a caring and friendly team, with a great package of benefits. If you want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
- Salary – £29,930
- Working hours – 37 per week (including occasional evenings and weekends)
- Eligible for essential car user allowance of £94.36 per month plus mileage expenses
- Driving licence essential
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays plus an additional 4 SYHA days, pro rata.
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including:
- SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts. Plus advice and resources on health eating, financial wellbeing, exercise and mastering your mental health
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you.
More about the role:
We’re proud to have zero-exclusion criteria so our customers come from all walks of life. The Health and Wellbeing Coach will provide time limited, employment focused, health related support to a caseload of customers. Customers will present with a range of health needs such as physical, mental, general wellbeing and lifestyle. The Health and Wellbeing coach will rapidly engage the customer, utilise a range of therapeutic interventions and promote self-management in order to maximise their short term input for lasting change, all with the primary goal of achieving and sustaining employment outcomes.
The Health and Wellbeing Coach will:
- Use strengths-based coaching with customers with health conditions and any other barriers into work to enable them to secure and sustain employment
- Work with employers to support their employees who are struggling due to their condition to thrive in the workplace
- Work with health partners to provide an integrated, holistic employment service and generate referrals to our Work and Wellbeing services
- Motivate customers, to ensure continual engagement and to ensure that customers are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to move into sustainable employment whilst managing their health symptoms
- Provide peer support to their Employment Specialist colleagues who are managing a caseload of customers with health and wellbeing needs
Who you are:
We are looking for people who enjoy working and interacting in the community, who can communicate effectively with a wide range of people including harder to reach groups.Our successful candidate will meet the criteria below:
- Hold professional registration e.g. HCPC, NMC, BACP, BPS, BABCP
- Champion the use of evidence based practices and be committed to ongoing professional development
- Be committed to equality and diversity
- Be able to support customers in a strength-based, solution focused way
- Experienced in managing difficult situations and problem solving
- Be passionate about supporting people with long term conditions to gain and sustain competitively paid employment
- Value the importance of employment in improving health outcomes
- Ability to work flexibly and adjust plans depending on customer need
- Have excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Customer Databases) and be able to record information accurately
- Have a strong proven background in Coaching and Motivational Interviewing to achieve our ambitious outcome targets
- Must be passionate about customer service and tailoring it to customer individual needs, to perform well and have a positive impact on our programs.
- Hold a full valid driving license and access to a vehicle for work is desirable
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 5th June 2022
Interview Dates: Friday 17th or Wednesday 22nd June 2022