Who are Accent?
We own almost 20,000 houses across the North, East and South of the country and they are homes to over 35,000 of our customers.
We’re not just a housing association, we actually exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers always come first. They are always at the very heart of our business, and we demonstrate this through our values.
We recognise to achieve this, we cannot do it without our employees, and we encourage employees to bring their authentic selves to work. We’re inclusive and diverse across all teams within Accent so we would welcome applications from all backgrounds.
A bit about the role and person: Business Analyst (Digital Development)
- 35 hours per week
Accent has an ambition to be the best Housing Association in the UK. It is a great place to work, having achieved two-star status on Best Companies, and we are working collaboratively to achieve three stars by 2024.
To achieve this, many processes need to be underpinned by effective digital innovation, and this is where you could make a difference.
As a Business Analyst you will join the Digital Development Team. We recognise the essential value of feasibility and discovery in projects, along with testing, and the effective transition of features into operations. We follow Agile methodology and are consistently seeking to improve our development lifecycle, to be more lean, and to improve delivery for our customers.
In addition to being driven and smart in our work, we value the fact that people deliver projects, we embrace inclusivity, and always strive to genuinely care for each other and our wider colleagues.
As a Business Analyst, a typical working week might include:
- Attending and contributing to Daily Stand-Up meetings with the team
- Organising and running user workshops and / or interviews to gather and prioritise epic, feature, and story requirements, and acceptance criteria for a project
- Documenting requirements, reviewing them with users and developers, and transposing requirements to Azure DevOps
- Attending retrospective, and kick-off / close out sessions with the team
- Contributing to planning and timebox estimating sessions
- Managing and progressing digital support calls as they are raised and allocated to the team
- Supporting other teams within the ICT department on enquiries and issues as required
- Mapping business processes and driving improvements in process
- Organising and delivering user showcase and training sessions and recording support video material on released products.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Analyst who is motivated, collaborative, works well in a team, adheres to our value system, and is also open to bring ideas, suggestions and challenge, where appropriate.
The successful candidates should also have:
- A track record in requirements analysis, business process identification, mapping and improvement, identifying and implementing innovation and improvement, that is clear, logical and practical
- Experience in implementing testing procedures and solutions to ensure that the systems work under all expected circumstances.
- Experience of identifying and gathering information and transferring to quality and easily understandable documentation.
- A relevant degree or professional qualifications and a strong appreciation of Agile/PRINCE2
Accent are a keen promoter of agile working and encourage the use of working from home as our new way forward, as long as we meet our customer’s needs.
The Digital Development Team uses Agile techniques including timeboxed development increments. When feasible we meet in person every four weeks for retrospectives and timebox close out and kick off sessions at our Charlestown House office in Baildon, Shipley. Further, key workshops and planning sessions can involve office-based time, therefore adhoc availability to attend an office is a requirement for this role.
Offices are also open daily and colleagues can also work there as often as they like, by booking a desk in advance.
We will provide you with the equipment and software that you will need for the purpose of your role however it will be your responsibility to have an appropriate space to work from home as well as a suitable broadband connection/provider.
The spot salary for this post is £43,443 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
What will you get from us?
In addition to a competitive salary and agile working, we also have a focus on employees’ development. We support both professional and personal development, ensuring everyone has a development plan and provide access to a wide range of internal and external learning resources.
You’ll also receive:
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata) per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, each offering life assurance cover.
- Auto enrolment – employer and employee contribution 4%
- Pension scheme – employer contribution 18.9%, employee contribution 7.5%
If Accent sounds like an organisation you’d like to work for, one that feels great about delivering excellent services to customers, then you’ll need to apply by Monday 6th June, with interviews expected to take place w/c 13th June 2022.
If you would like an informal chat with the hiring manager, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange one for you.