Finance Manager (Business Partnering)
Salary £50,000 - £60,000
Location Peterborough / Home-Based
Full Time – Permanent – 37 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity to join Cross Keys Homes as the Finance Manager for our Business Partner team!
The role is responsible for leading an effective Finance Business Partnering team working with budget holders across the organisation to develop the financial support and information they need to deliver their objectives in line with the corporate plan and value for money.
To be successful in this role the incumbent will need to be a qualified accountant, have previous knowledge and experience of working in a social housing environment as well as having strong relationship building skills.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for someone
- Provide effective finance business partnering to budget, cost centre and business owners, ensuring that methods for measuring value for money are incorporated into functional plans.
- Provide appropriate financial ‘challenge’ to senior managers as a constructive “critical friend”, supporting them with a financial management information reporting service in areas of commercial planning, procurement, and financial control, supporting a culture of continuous improvement of value for money.
- Preparation of clear, concise board and management reports on financial performance, budgets, business plans and performance information.
- Lead on preparation of the annual budget and long-term business plan, including stress testing, scenario analysis and long-term treasury management.
- Support delivery of timely and reliable management accounts and financial reports including those for Board and Committee meetings.
- Provide insightful variance analysis comparing actual results with budget / forecasts and analysis of cost and performance trends.
- To ensure income and service costs are accurately incorporated into budgets and forecasts and cost recovery is optimised in line with corporate objectives
- Contribute to the year-end preparation of statutory accounts in compliance with relevant accounting rules and the Statement of Recommended Practice, and submit financial returns required by regulators, funders, and other stakeholders per objectives.
- Lead on the financial appraisal of new investment opportunities including joint venture activities and to assess impact on overall business plan.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure that internal controls, accounting systems and published accounts accord with best practice.
- Produce designated returns for the regulator, funders, and credit agencies in line with regulatory standards and obligations.
- Take responsibility for reviewing and updating designated financial policies, procedures and system improvements to ensure statutory compliance and maximise efficiency within the organisation.
- CCAB qualified accountant
- Knowledge of the social housing sector, including statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and planning techniques to support business decision making.
Ability to demonstrate and role model commercial acumen.
Experience of leading and managing people to deliver results.
A sound understanding of business and performance management metrics and risk management.
Experience of developing and implementing finance, audit and management reporting systems, leading to successful achievement of business objectives.
Ability to demonstrate development/improvement of strong internal controls framework.
Able to demonstrate leadership of budgeting/forecasting and data modelling.
Demonstrable experience in working with all corporate and operational functions within an organisation to understand, support them and add value to their management of budgets.
Ability to build respectful, professional effective working relationships with budget holders and key stakeholders.
Ability to actively listen in order to truly understand the different teams’ objectives and the organisation’s strategic imperatives and provide expert advice in response.
Able to produce consistently high standards of work with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
Advanced Excel skills
Ability to utilise long-term planning tools for 30-year financial business plan models.
Highly numerate and able to manipulate complex sets of data.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong verbal, reasoning, and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate complex financial ideas and data to a wide range of users at all levels within the organisation.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively, to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
Ability to continuously improve team and individual performances through leadership, motivation, and encouragement.
Ability to manage projects from inception to effective and efficient implementation.
This is a senior management position and as such we expect a flexible approach to working hours to achieve deadlines and to meet key financial outputs.
A commercial business with a social heart, our vision is to create opportunities that change lives through our drive, expertise, resources and passion.
Our dynamic approach has made us one of the region’s leading providers of affordable homes for rent and sale. Developing new homes across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, and the surrounding area, we’re committed to increasing the supply of affordable homes in the communities where they are needed most. Agility and innovation are central to our approach to adapting to change, and we’ll continue to grow our business in today’s fast-paced operating environment.
There’s more to building communities than building houses. In addition to providing quality homes and delivering excellent landlord services, we also provide care at home and at our two extra care communities in Peterborough as well as around the clock support through our LifeLine personal alarm service. Our community investment programme sees us working with specialist partners to bring a range of employment, wellbeing and family-friendly services to the heart of our communities, with a rapidly expanding digital support offer too.