We’re looking for a Repairs Surveyor to join us on a permanent basis. As Repairs Surveyor, you will identify repairs and diagnose defects, advise customers, and ensure adherence to health, safety and quality guidelines, all while overseeing a patch of mixed tenure properties and working to agreed financial limits. This role will require travel in all OX postcodes in Oxfordshire and surrounding areas.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We're at a particularly exciting point in our story, as Catalyst will join the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have experience of working in the property maintenance field, with the ability to diagnose repairs and make technical decisions?
- Do you have an impressive track record of delivering excellent customer service?
- Have you got a good understanding and working knowledge of H&S legislation?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Repairs Surveyor to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Repairs Surveyor you will:
- Pre-inspect and identify repairs and maintenance requirements and diagnose defects, advising customers and specify such works in accordance with procedures.
- Carry out post inspections on void properties and responsive repairs, checking adherence to Health & Safety, quality, quantity and invoiced works.
- Assist the Senior & Area Repairs Manager in producing budgetary plans for the service linked to the Business Plan and Asset Management Strategy.
- Manage an area patch of multi tenure properties and incorporate new developments as and when they are completed
- Liaise with partners as appropriate to manage work and works variations as appropriate and to agree financial limits. Carry out joint visits and make decisions with regard to service standards and value for money.
- Assist in managing repairs to communal blocks, garage blocks, Minor Works, Temporary Accommodation, and Sheltered Accommodation.
- Provide supporting data collated whilst performing normal duties to assist formulating future programmed works for stock improvement.
- Flexibility to travel to different locations.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of role title , please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.