Do you have a passion for putting the customer first while managing and developing a busy but varied team?
If the answer is yes…. then we have a great opportunity for a Voids Manager to join our successful Property Services Team.
As a Voids Manger, you will be responsible for ensuring personal, financial, and performance targets are either achieved or exceeded. You will develop a performance-based culture focusing on continuous improvement, exceptional customer service delivery, delivering value for money, and actively promoting and supporting Health, Safety and the Environment in the workplace.
A valid driving licence and use of own car is essential, as travel across Lincolnshire is required for this role.
What are Lincolnshire Housing partnership like to work for?
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership is an impressive company to work for and have recently been awarded a ‘one to watch’ status in our first Best Companies survey. This role is flexible under our agile working policy; therefore, you will be able to work from wherever is suitable to complete the task at hand. This might be at home, on site, at our office located in Boston or Grimsby, or somewhere else! A current full driving licence and access to a car for work purposes will be required.
What benefits will I get from working for Lincolnshire Housing Partnership?
- An employee wellbeing package through our benefits partner Westfield Health
- Opportunities to learn new skills, knowledge through our fantastic corporate training programme
- A superb employer salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 24 holiday days a year (plus bank holidays) with the ability to earn additional holiday days through full attendance
- A family friendly agile working policy
- A company wide recognition scheme
What will I be asked to do as a Voids Manager?
- You Lead and Manager supervisors within the voids Team to deliver a customer first service, this will include: Voids Team, Supervisors, Charge Hand, Compliance and planning Team.
- Ensure procurement, management and payment of subcontractors, contractors, consultants, interim and agency colleague
- Solely responsible for ensuring all voids are compliant, within policy timescales and on budget
- Responsible for the Health & Safety of all colleagues, subcontractors, contractors, consultants, interim and agency colleagues working to deliver the work of the Voids service
- Deliver works in compliance with relevant statutory Health & Safety and legislative standards including (but not limited to) Health & Safety legislation, Gas Safety legislation, Electrical legislation, Fire Safety legislation and the requirements of the Regulator of Social Housing, the HSE, the Housing Ombudsman and other regulatory and legislative bodies.
- Lead on LHP’s KPI standards that must be met every month
- Lead on a data driven modernised Voids delivery service.
What skills, attributes and experience will I need as a Voids Manager?
- Relevant degree or equivalent level of experience with BTec National Certificate / Diploma in Construction related studies / trade skill.
- Additional qualifications or training that demonstrates that the person has the appropriate calibre for a management post and can keep abreast of the challenges of the professional areas managed will be an advantage.
- Experience of managing the provision of a high quality multi-disciplinary Voids Service in a customer-focused environment.
- A strong track record in managing an in-house Voids team or contractor organisation.
- Experience of commerciality, managing a P&L, improving productivity of Operatives and effective operational management of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Up to date knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to and best practice in Repairs management, and its practical implementation in an organisation.
- Experience of successfully managing change in relation to Repairs services and supporting organisational wide change.
- Good knowledge and experience of contract management and delivery.
- Experience of liaison and negotiation with contractors, sub-contractors, and material suppliers.
- A thorough understanding of people management, demonstrating a range of relevant training and be able to display effective people management skills, in line with best practice.
- Evidence of enabling a team to achieve and demonstrate continuous improvement and to respond to the continuous challenges presented by the external environment.
- Able to be an effective role model for the organisation at management level and to be able to develop productive working relationships.
What opportunities will I have for progression?
At LHP we are committed to investing in the development of our employees to enable them to realise their potential. There are many opportunities that LHP will provide you with to enhance your skills and assist in your career progression.
We measure our success within this area by the number of internal promotions that we can achieve and that we are able to retain our best talent. The natural career progression route that would be applicable to your role is Corporate Head of Property Services.
Offer of Employment is subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references.
Please apply by sending your current CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is on the 3rd June 2022.
LHP - Benefits
Pension Scheme - Defined Contribution Scheme with a range of contribution options
and Death in Service Life Insurance of three times the annual salary. Up to 12% Employer Pension contributions.
Annual Leave - 24 days rising to 30 days (three days to be taken at Christmas),
plus Bank Holidays.
Attendance Days - 1/2 day annual leave awarded to all employees with full attendance every quarter, which could mean an additional 2 days leave a year.
Cash Plan Health Scheme - This includes the following:
- money back for numerous treatments including dental and optical appointments, therapy,
and specialist consultation.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to retail discounts and other perks through
- Scanning Service (MRI &CT scans), Best Doctors, Doctor Line
- Personal Accident Cover
Employee Awards Programme - A nomination and awards programme to recognise employee performance
Agile Working - LHP work in an agile way. This is about working hours which best support the business needs, and best support your home life, in a variety of different locations rather than a single office we understand a family-friendly and flexible working culture is more important than ever; we want everyone to have a good work-life balance.
Active Events Team - We have an active events team that organise employee events for employees across the business raising money for our chosen charity at the same time.
Corporate Training Plan - Access to a comprehensive Corporate Training Programme, supporting employee learning and professional development.