With 12,500 homes across the East of England, Eastlight Community Homes is the largest Community Gateway organisation in England.
We are a not-for-profit, vibrant, innovative organisation looking to optimise our efficiency, impact and potential. We are committed to serving a diverse and growing population, building new genuinely affordable homes, investing in existing housing and delivering excellent services for our customers and communities.
We have ambitious new affordable home growth targets, with a fully funded plan to deliver 3,800 new affordable homes across the east region over the next six years. We have an exciting opportunity for two Development Managers (Partnership & Land) to join our growing development service!
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious and collaborative Development Manager (Partnerships & Land) to join us, with the expertise and skills required to deliver development initiatives against defined growth targets.
Working with the Head of Partnerships, Land & Programme you will be responsible for sourcing and securing new opportunities to deliver high quality affordable homes. You will achieve this by building strong mutually beneficial partnerships with land owners, agents, key developers and housebuilders. You will assist with management of stakeholder relations, ensuring positive and productive relationships with local authorities, regional government and Homes England.
In addition to securing land, package deal, joint ventures and s106 opportunities and bringing them into contract, you will collaboratively work with colleagues across the development service and the whole organisation to ensure the delivery of high-quality affordable homes and excellent services to our customers.
- To be successful in the role, you will draw upon your detailed understanding of affordable and commercial housing development from inception to completion and your experience in new business, land and property acquisition to deliver high quality affordable homes.
- You will be able to identify and secure new partnership opportunities and to take the lead in negotiations. Your will possess strong relationship management, budgeting, diplomacy and negotiation skills, combined with excellent financial reasoning abilities and a knack for assessing risk and promote risk awareness
- You will be conversant with affordable housing funding streams and Homes England Capital Funding Guide requirements, plus have a good understanding of central and local government initiatives relating to regeneration and development
- You will possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and translate information and produce clear reports
- You will demonstrate excellent IT skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office, and industry level specialist software (Proval, Argus, Sequel)
- Having excellent verbal and written communication is a key requirement, as is strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to delivering a high-quality service to stakeholders and our customers
What you can expect from us
To demonstrate our Ambitious, Inclusive and Accountable values, we have developed a sector leading total rewards package for our people:
- Salary of £59,331 per annum
- Car allowance of £2,200 per annum
- Family leave (Maternity/Paternity/Adoption - 12 weeks full pay / 6 weeks half pay)
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual health and well-being grant of £200 per year
- Bupa health cash plan & Life assurance
- Childcare allowance scheme
- Formal qualifications and paid professional membership
- Volunteer days (two days off each year to volunteer with a charity of your choice)
- Job shadowing (to develop knowledge and experience across the organisation)
At Eastlight we support, develop, and invest in our people. Together creating a culture where people love to work. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our website to hear what our people have to say!
At Eastlight we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. Click the link below to submit your personal statement and CV.
For an informal chat or more information about the role please contact Yero Knight at Yero.firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastlight Community Homes is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse culture, which is why we encourage applications from everyone regardless of characteristics. If you require any support with the application process, please contact our People Team.
Closing date: 5th of June 2022
Interview date: 10th of June 2022