If you are an experienced professional seeking a new and rewarding opportunity to lead and shape services to make a real difference to people and businesses in the East Riding of Yorkshire, could we be the next step in your career?
We are recruiting to the role of Director of Housing, Transportation and Public Protection to provide strategic direction and excellent overall leadership and management of these services.
We are looking for a housing or environmental health professional with experience of leading housing matters for the council including the management and maintenance of all council housing properties and community safety issues.
You will manage passenger transport and sustainable transport as well as a range of public protection services including environmental control, food safety, trading standards, licensing, private sector housing and health and safety services.
You will have the opportunity to develop and implement divisional, cross directorate and multi-agency projects and build and maintain interdepartmental and multi-agency partnerships for example leading and co-ordinating Safe Communities, Safeguarding, Improved Health, Domestic Abuse and Prevent related groups and responses.
This opportunity is ideal for an individual with:
- strong communication, negotiation and mediation skills at a high and sensitive level
- experience of managing, leading, motivating and developing staff
- a degree level qualification or above
- experience at a senior level with the ability to lead and deliver multiple and complex services and functions
- a relevant professional qualification in Housing Management, Environmental Health or Trading Standards
If you feel that you have the ability, experience and drive to take on this role find out more and click apply.
Closing Date: 19 June 2022
Interview Date: 12 July 2022