We’re looking for a number of Neighbourhood Customer Specialists to join us on a fixed term basis. We're looking for a customer focused individual to join our Housing and Customer Services team. You will have a track record of delivering excellent customer service, taking ownership of the issues in your neighbourhood, and putting the customer first. You will have an understanding of managing housing in a proactive and collaborative way to achieve the best outcomes for your customers.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We're at a particularly exciting point in our story, as Catalyst joined the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience working in a customer facing role, ideally within housing management
- Someone with excellent customer services skills and who is highly focused on continuous improvement
- Confident communicator both face to face, in writing and a confident report writer
- A decision maker who is a successful problem solver with sound judgement and ability to influence others to drive change and deliver quick resolution to local issues.
- Able to manage a varied and fast paced workload
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Neighbourhood Customer Specialist to join us on a 12 month fixed term basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as an Neighbourhood Customer Specialist you will:
- Deliver a high standard of customer service excellence to your customers, ensuring the delivery of accessible, high quality and value for money services
- Be responsible for the service your customers receive and be confident to hold others to account for the services they deliver and have a holistic accountability for your neighbourhoods
- Be empowered to make decisions for your area whilst also being responsible for assessing and managing risk in it too
- Draw upon the support of centralised specialist service teams and external agencies and partners to create communities, neighbourhoods and homes people love
- Manage all customer enquiries on time such as complaints, lettings, mutual exchanges, successions, assignment requests - whilst ensuring that lessons learnt become a part of how you improve the service that we provide
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution, and you could be too!
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of Neighbourhood Customer Specialist, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.