Housing Solutions Officer
Salary Range: £21,479 - £31,221 per annum
1 x Full time, permanent position, 37 hours per week
2 x 12 months fixed term position, 37 hours per week
This is a career grade role with appointments at the start of the pay scale.
Our Housing Solutions service is prevention and relief focused in which we look to work with applicants to manage any threats of homelessness and help prevent homelessness or find alternative accommodation.
The service faces a range of challenges, with an increasing demand for accommodation without an adequate supply of housing. We have made significant changes and developments as a service and achieve effective results.
We are looking for a Housing Solutions Officer with an understanding of the Housing Act 1996 Part 7 (as amended) and of the of the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
You will be customer focussed and be able to manage a wide and varied workload, whilst meeting our business objectives and performance targets
The Housing Solutions Officer will assist in managing demand for the council’s housing services while offering advice and support to members of the public.
An instrumental element of the role will involve managing client expectations and building trusting relationships.
What we are looking for:-
- An ability to demonstrate a high standard of customer service skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and persuasion skills to effectively engage with a range of stakeholders on a daily basis, someone who has an eye for detail, someone who can think on the spot and take tough decisions, whilst applying the legislation and also positively contributing to the development of the service.
- The ability to manage client relationships, building effective rapport
- A can do attitude towards problem solving will be evident
- An understanding of Homelessness legislation and a general understanding of Housing policies
- Competent with IT systems including Microsoft Office amongst others
We offer a range of benefits which include flexible working, staff benefits, pension, and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme. We welcome applicants from a diversity of backgrounds and from all sections of the community.