Youth Support Worker - 37.5 hours per week
Aim of the role
To provide support and empower vulnerable young people to achieve their aspirations and move towards independence.
**Who we are looking for**
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to join our young peoples housing service in Luton which provides supported accommodation for 16-17 year olds with various needs. This is in an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team who are determined to help young people reach their potential and move towards independent lives.
Were keen to recruit individuals who care about supporting vulnerable young people to achieve their aspirations and goals, as well as understanding, promoting and embracing our values:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
You are required to hold a full UK driving licence for this role.
If youre someone who is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable young people, respond well in a crisis and work independently, we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role. Well help you develop your capabilities, provide you with exciting opportunities and work with you on your professional development throughout your role.
About the role
Key Responsibilities include:
- Empowering vulnerable young people to lead independent and fulfilling lives with the support of a network of staff, social workers and other professionals
- Hold a caseload of young people and be expected to use a positive approach to support them to develop independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting and building their confidence so they can move on positively when they turn 18
- Enablingthem to access education, employment, training opportunities, volunteering as well healthcare services in order to manage their emotional and physical wellbeing
Supporting young people can often be challenging but incredibly rewarding. Patience, compassion, resilience and creativity will be crucial in this role where you can make a difference to a vulnerable young persons life.
We provide a 24 hour service so you must be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,758 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th June 2022
Interview Date: TBC
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search