Project Manager – Major Works
Kidderminster, Worcestershire - Agile Working
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
£39,671 per annum
Closing Date - 8 June 2022
Interview Date - w/c 27 June
We’re currently recruiting a Project Manager – Major Works to be responsible for project managing the scoping, planning, procurement and delivery of housing repairs and maintenance projects ensuring that all objectives, targets, contractual responsibilities and obligations are met.
A key part to the role is to lead on the delivery of selected programmes of works, major works and refurbishment projects. The role will involve management of building contractors on-site, specifically monitoring project finances and budgets, health & safety and quality of works.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Undertaking stakeholder/customer consultation throughout the lifecycle of the projects
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements such as Construction Design, and Management Regulations and sector standards
- Undertaking feasibility work and technical due diligence on any proposed work/project put forward
- Managing project risk through analysis, mitigation and contingency planning
We are looking for someone who has:
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. RICS / CIOB) or qualified by experience
- Project Management e.g. PRINCE2 or equivalent
- Good analytical skills with the ability to work with figures and statistics
- Experience of reviewing specifications/designs and challenging consultants / contractors
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload and activities required to support the team
Community Housing was formed in 2000 through a stock transfer from Wyre Forest District Council. We are a social business and one of Worcestershire’s largest Registered Providers of social housing. The Company provides and manages 6000 homes mainly in the Wyre Forest area.
We are proud of what we have achieved for the people and communities we support over the past 20 years. Over the coming years, we want to become a more significant social housebuilder in Worcestershire, focused on helping people to thrive and to live independently, knowing that they have a secure home that they can afford with a landlord who cares about them providing excellent value for money.
We are embarking on an extensive improvement programme to ensure our commitment to “Net Zero” and Decent Homes Standard are met alongside our commitment to developing new homes to help meet the demand of the local communities.
There are 3 Pillars to our Corporate Plan which are:
- Building Better Lives,
- Building a Stronger Business,
- and Building Thriving Communities.
If this sounds like something that you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
#NowHiring #Jobs #ProjectManager #MajorWorks #Housing #Construction #RICS #CIOB #Prince2 #Kidderminster #Worcestershire #AgileWorking