Who are Accent?
We own almost 20,000 houses across the North, East and South of the country and they are homes to over 35,000 of our customers.
We’re not just a housing association, we actually exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers always come first. They are always at the very heart of our business, and we demonstrate this through our values.
We recognise to achieve this, we cannot do it without our employees, and we encourage employees to bring their authentic selves to work. We’re inclusive and diverse across all teams within Accent so we would welcome applications from all backgrounds.
A bit about the role and person
35 hours per week, permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Services Manager in our East region, where you’ll develop and deliver Accents major, planned, responsive and voids maintenance services for the East. You’ll take also be the regional technical lead in all areas of health and safety, Contract Management and Leaseholder consultation.
We want our people and our customers to be proud of the homes we provide and you have a key part to play in this.
Whilst we have key responsibilities and these can be found in the job description, there are certain things we will need from you:
- ONC/HNC/NVQ qualification or similar professional qualification e.g. City and Guilds or relevant property management experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to write reports
- A good working knowledge of MS office and other specialist software packages as required.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Experienced construction professional with sound knowledge of maintenance, and repair works and ability to lead and motivate a team
- Extensive knowledge of current legislation relating to Landlord’s obligations with regard to the maintenance and repair of property.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues affecting construction and associated works.
- Good knowledge and understanding of leaseholder consultation process and Party wall act.
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer care skills and show an understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity, in all aspects of the role
- Ability to work without guidance in a positive manner with both internal and external stakeholders
The successful candidate will be required to live within a commutable distance to the location listed in the advert. However, when you’re not on site, we’re a keen promoter of agile working and encourage the use of working from home as our new way forward wherever possible, as long as we meet our customer’s needs.
We’ll provide you with the equipment and software that you’ll need for the purpose of your role however it will be your responsibility to have an appropriate space to work from as well as a suitable broadband connection/provider.
Should you wish to work occasionally from any of our regional offices, you may do so on a hot desk basis which will need to be arranged via our online booking system
The spot salary for this post is £52,190 per annum (inclusive of a 10% regional uplift) for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
This post will also receive a car allowance of £1,250 per annum.
What will you get from us?
In addition to a competitive salary and agile working, we also have a focus on employees’ development. We support both professional and personal development, ensuring everyone has a development plan and provide access to a wide range of internal and external learning resources.
You’ll also receive:
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata) per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, each offering life assurance cover.
- Auto enrolment – employer and employee contribution 4%
- Pension scheme – employer contribution 18.9%, employee contribution 7.5%
If Accent sounds like an organisation you’d like to work for, one that feels great about delivering excellent services to customers, then you’ll need to apply by 8th June 2022, with interviews expected to take place 14th June 2022.
If you would like an informal chat with the hiring manager, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange one for you.