Who are Accent?
We own almost 20,000 houses across the North, East and South of the country and they are homes to over 35,000 of our customers.
We’re not just a housing association, we actually exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers always come first. They are always at the very heart of our business, and we demonstrate this through our values.
We recognise to achieve this, we cannot do it without our employees, and we encourage employees to bring their authentic selves to work. We’re inclusive and diverse across all teams within Accent so we would welcome applications from all backgrounds.
A bit about the role and person
35 hours per week, permanent
Accent’s core purpose is to support customers and we recognise that more of our customers are facing greater hardship than ever before. We therefore, want to provide a more personal customer experience and respond to customers’ changing needs by working closely with the teams in all regions and managing proactive campaigns.
As such, we’re investing in a new 'technical' Contact Centre that will sit within the Assets & Sustainability directorate and be in the East regional office. The team will be made up of specialist advisors and will be responsible for managing all repairs and technical contacts from customers.
Whilst we have key responsibilities and these can be found in the job description, there are certain things we will need from you:
- Experience of leading and managing a team in a high volume work environment
- Extensive knowledge of repairs and maintenance services
- Ability to engage and motivate a team to get the best from them
- Experience of working within a busy customer focused environment
- Exceptional customer service skills including dispute management
- Strong negotiation and communication skills – verbally, in writing and able to present these in a team meeting setting or at 1-2-1’s
- Experience of performance management
- Ability to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities
- A positive and practical approach to problem solving
- Experience of working in a pressurised environment
- Confidently use Microsoft Office and other IT systems
- An understanding of Contact Centre technology
- Experience in multi channel customer support
The successful candidate will be required to live within a commutable distance to our Peterborough office as this post requires you to be on-site.
We’ll provide you with the equipment and software that you’ll need for the purpose of your role however it will be your responsibility to have an appropriate space to work from as well as a suitable broadband connection/provider if there’s ever a requirement for you to work from home.
The spot salary for this post is £37,157 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
What will you get from us?
In addition to a competitive salary and agile working, we also have a focus on employees’ development. We support both professional and personal development, ensuring everyone has a development plan and provide access to a wide range of internal and external learning resources.
You’ll also receive:
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata) per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, each offering life assurance cover.
- Auto enrolment – employer and employee contribution 4%
- Pension scheme – employer contribution 18.9%, employee contribution 7.5%
If Accent sounds like an organisation you’d like to work for, one that feels great about delivering excellent services to customers, then you’ll need to apply by 8th June 2022, with interviews expected to take place week commencing 13th June 2022.
If you would like an informal chat with the hiring manager, please contact us on email@example.com and we can arrange one for you.