ho are Accent?
We own almost 20,000 houses across the North, East and South of the country and they are homes to over 35,000 of our customers.
We’re not just a housing association, we actually exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers always come first. They are always at the very heart of our business, and we demonstrate this through our values.
We recognise to achieve this, we cannot do it without our employees, and we encourage employees to bring their authentic selves to work. We’re inclusive and diverse across all teams within Accent so we would welcome applications from all backgrounds.
A bit about the role and person
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager in the East of England, on a full time, permanent basis (35 hours per week).
The role is all about effective project management and delivery of Accent’s development programme.
You will be responsible for operating and developing in the following areas: Bedford, Cambridge, Central Bedfordshire, East Cambridgeshire, Fenland, Huntingdonshire, Peterborough, and South Cambridgeshire.
In 2021, Accent achieved Strategic Partnership status with Homes England for circa £210million to spend on affordable housing developments, covering affordable rent, social rent and shared ownership properties. This programme takes us up until 2026, with current ambitions to start in excess of 500 units per year.
Whilst we have key responsibilities and these can be found in the job description, there are certain things we will need from you:
- Experience in relation to the role and/or suitably qualified.
- Experience of managing projects and processes, including management of contractors and consultants.
- A great team player, with a focus on people that aligns to our culture.
- Understanding of generic project management software’s such as Sequel, with knowledge of the development appraisal and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management approaches and methodologies.
- Management of budgets and cost control.
- Understanding of central and local Government policy related to housing, and potential implications for Accent.
- Understanding of contractual aspects of the development and asset management process.
- Experience of risk management and ability to identify risks and methods of mitigation.
- Be commercially aware.
- Have an understanding and awareness of Construction Health & Safety.
- Access to own vehicle with a valid driving licence.
The successful candidate will be required to live within a commutable distance to the locations listed in the advert. However, when you’re not on site, we’re a keen promoter of agile working and encourage the use of working from home as our new way forward wherever possible, as long as we meet our customer’s needs.
We’ll provide you with the equipment and software that you’ll need for the purpose of your role however it will be your responsibility to have an appropriate space to work from as well as a suitable broadband connection/provider.
Should you wish to work occasionally from any of our regional offices, you may do so on a hot desk basis which will need to be arranged via our online booking system
The spot salary for this post is £53,420 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
This post will also receive a car allowance of £1,250 per annum.
What will you get from us?
In addition to a competitive salary and agile working, we also have a focus on employees’ development. We support both professional and personal development, ensuring everyone has a development plan and provide access to a wide range of internal and external learning resources.
You’ll also receive:
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata) per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, each offering life assurance cover.
- Auto enrolment – employer and employee contribution 4%
- Pension scheme – employer contribution 18.9%, employee contribution 7.5%
If you would like an informal chat with the hiring manager, please contact us on email@example.com and we can arrange one for you.