Corporate Head of Repairs
Competitive salary £75,810
We are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Repairs to join our successful Corporate Leadership Team.
About the Role:
As a member of our Corporate Leadership Team you will be able to influence and steer our journey to achieve excellence in providing Great Homes and Strong Communities. You will work closely with our Executive Leadership Team, Corporate Leadership Team, the Committees and the Board to ensure that our repairs service is responsive and efficient and is valued by our customers.
As the Corporate Head of Repairs, you will be:
- Responsible for leading c.140 colleagues including managers, supervisors and a large team of trade operatives/engineers delivering servicing responsive & void repairs for our customers.
- Responsible and accountable for the budgeting, forecasting and delivery of works to our properties.
- Adopt a coaching style of leadership to support a high-performance culture and so that colleagues are enthused about their contributions and can see their impact and value.
- Enable colleagues to work within a framework that encourages high-quality business focused service delivery that improves customer satisfaction, business effectiveness, efficiency, solutions, and sustainability.
- Working with and advising the Executive Director of Property and other property senior managers, to ensure a cohesive and collective approach to the directorate.
- Provide strategic direction and management to deliver high quality, customer first, high-quality Repairs Service that meets the needs and expectation of our customers in line with current and future business and operational plans and performance targets.
- Formulating, developing, consulting upon and delivering the Policies, Procedures, plans and team structures to enable the delivery of the Corporate Plan in line with current, emergent and anticipated needs, best practice, statutory and regulatory requirements. Including all aspects of the leadership of the Repairs Service and the management of the In-House Repair Service, reactive, and emergency repairs, void works, compliance works, and all other works delivered by the In-House Repairs service or its subcontractors or suppliers.
A full description is available in the Candidate Information Brief.
What skills, attributes and experience will I need as the Corporate Head of Services?
- Relevant professional qualification or professionally qualified in a technical or closely related discipline.
- Substantial experience of delivering a complex range of services and identifying actions to deliver improvement.
- Proven track record of successfully managing an In-House Repairs Service or contractor organisation at a senior level including improving the customer experience, managing a significant budget and/or trading account, improving productivity of engineers and effective operational management of contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Substantial experience of managing the provision of high quality multi-disciplined Repairs Services in a customer first environment. Including the delivery of responsive, void and compliance works.
- Experience of establishing and leading a large team of colleagues to successfully deliver organisational objectives.
- Possessing sound up to date knowledge of policy issues relating to housing and Repairs, including health & safety, compliance, efficiency and customer requirements.
- Experience of collaborating with, managing and negotiating with contractors, sub-contractors and material suppliers, and working as part of an effective management team.
- Financial management experience and a track record of delivering efficiencies whilst maintaining high quality customer service.
- Track record of developing and sustaining effective external partnerships that add value and promote best practice.
What are Lincolnshire Housing Partnership like to work for?
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership is an impressive company to work for and have recently been awarded a ‘one to watch’ status in our first Best Companies survey. This role is flexible under our agile working policy; therefore, you will be able to work from wherever is suitable to complete the task at hand. This might be at home, on site, at our offices located in Boston or Grimsby, or somewhere else! There will be a requirement to have face to face interactions with your team on occasions, therefore the ideal candidate will live within travelling distance of either office.
What opportunities will have for progression?
At LHP we are committed to investing in the development of our employees to enable them to realise their potential. There are many opportunities that LHP will provide you with to enhance your skills and assist in your career progression.
We measure our success within this area by the number of internal promotions that we can achieve and that we are able to retain our best talent. The natural career progression route that would be applicable to your role is Executive Director of Property.
Closing Date: Monday 18th July at 09.00
1st Interviews: 25th, 28th or 29th July via MS Teams
2nd Interviews: 10th August in-person at our Boston office with members of our Executive Leadership Team
To apply for this vacancy, download the Candidate Information Brief and to complete the Declaration Form, please click 'apply'