Hybrid working with one day per week working at Hastoe East office CB10
26 days annual leave per annum increasing with length of service
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Regional Development Manager to lead on the delivery of our development programme for the south east, supporting us in our strategic priority to build high quality and energy efficient homes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark, driving forward new business and delivering our predominantly-rural land-led development programme from inception to completion.
Managing and developing a small and friendly team, you should thrive on building partnerships with developers, contractors and consultants to identify new business opportunities. You’ll have responsibility and ownership of delivering a portfolio of projects that are commercially viable; managing income, expenditure and risk.
The role requires strong collaboration and close working with local communities, parish councils and local authorities to address local housing need, and is best suited to someone with a meticulous eye to ensure new homes are of high quality, are well designed, energy efficient and sustainable. You will also be representing Hastoe at public events, including community consultations.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, take a look at the job description in the careers section of our website.
If you’re passionate about development and have a strong record of achievements in construction project management, have delivered new business, and have an understanding of rural housing and innovative construction, we want to hear from you! We’re looking for:
- Previous experience of working within the building sector, with a thorough knowledge of the related regulations and legislation
- Experience of negotiating building contracts and maintaining good working relations with a range of people
- Experience of attending site meetings and ensuring quality of product at handover
- Able to work to set budgets and deadlines
- Able to build and maintain good working relations with a range of people
- Experience of appraising new development schemes and working with consultants to secure planning permission and other statutory approvals for new projects
The role requires a good working knowledge of housing development and for you to have a valid driving licence and use of own vehicle.
Benefits to Support You
We want to support both your personal and professional development and have a range of training opportunities to help you achieve this. Our other benefits include 26 days annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 28 days with service), plus 1.5 days complimentary leave per year, car allowance, online discount schemes, car leasing scheme, Pension, Employee Assistance programme, Health cash plan, plus many more.
This role is hybrid-based and split between home working and our office near Saffron Walden, Essex, with 1-2 days per week office attendance required. Other travel is also required to meet customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
Hastoe is an award-winning housing association that manages 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We are leaders in the rural housing, sustainability and innovation fields, developing high quality homes for local people and their communities.
Please send your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com
Please note, CVs sent without a supporting statement will not be considered.
Your supporting statement should include:
- Your motivations for applying for the role
- How you meet the person spec
- What attracts you to work for a Housing Association / what you enjoy about currently working for a Housing Association
- What is your experience / understanding of rural housing development under the rural exception policy
Part time / flexible working pattern will be considered – please state your preferred hours as part of your application.
Interviews will be held on during the recruitment process at our East office CB10.
For more information about the role or enquires about the application process please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02089730435.
This post is subject to background checks.