We are looking for an experienced Gardener who can provide an effective, responsive, and pro-active customer focused grounds maintenance service that is of a consistently high standard.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We're at a particularly exciting point in our story, as Catalyst will join the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have knowledge of Estate ground maintenance and experience of using the following: petrol mowers, long and short hedge cutters, strimmer, mowers and basic hand tools?
- Do you have a keen eye for perfectionism and customer service skills?
- Can you organise your own workload with minimal supervision?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Gardener to?join us on a permanent basis
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Gardener you will:
- Be physically able to carry out moderate to strenuous manual work .
- Flexibility to cover other locations, as a requirement.
- Have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with residents and colleagues.
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations in relation to the environmental services as defined by the organisation.
- Hold a valid driving licence and have the ability to drive company vehicles as and when required.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- PA1 & PA6a pesticide certificates are preferred but not essential.
- Have ride-on mower experience.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check and will require a full driving licence.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of a Gardener, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.