Job Title: Health, Safety & Fire Advisor
Location: Home based with travel throughout London & South East region
Salary: Up to £36000 (depending on experience) plus £5,800 Car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role:
As the Health, Fire & Safety Advisor covering London and the South East region, you will support the provision of a competent and comprehensive health, safety and fire (HS&F) service to the housing arm of Anchor.
Working within a regional team of HS&F Advisors, you will conduct and review fire risk assessments, conduct safety audits and training in order to support operational teams achieve excellent levels of compliance. Together with these core functions, you will provide general HS&F advice and support to operational teams helping to ensure a safe environment for colleagues, customers and visitors etc.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Application of health and safety management within a similar environment.
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate).
- A recognised qualification and experience in completing Fire Risk Assessments.
- Experience of working within strict deadlines and to specified performance measures.
- Experience of working within a multi-site discipline
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously.
- Experience of delivering health and safety training.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Willingness to travel within the designated region and further afield where necessary
- A full drivers licence
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our heartfelt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us, the places they live and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Mental health support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.