The Development Directorate are looking for a Development Manager – Special Projects to support and manage the delivery of a varied programme of intricate schemes within our Special Projects Team. You will oversee the delivery of a programme of development schemes, ensuring schemes are acquired, contracts let, and schemes effectively managed through the construction including handover enabling the New Homes team to be able to complete an efficient sales and lettings service. You’ll also be responsible for assisting the Head of Development in identifying, appraising, securing, and developing new projects and effectively budget planning, with respect to schemes on site, compliance with income and expenditure targets, procurement and financial controls, to ensure a value for money approach. You will also represent Stonewater at meetings both internally and externally with partner organisations including Local Authorities, contractors, consultants, and lawyers. Depending on experience you may also be responsible for the management of a Project Officer.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate sector knowledge either through educational qualifications or through relevant training and/or experience.
- Have knowledge of affordable housing ideally to include planning process, Homes England practices, housing policies and basic construction knowledge.
- Be confident, independent, and pro-active in your approach to your work and management of colleagues.
- Have excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and a keen eye for detail.
- Be experienced in supporting and driving change.
- Have strong business management skills and an understanding of delivering an excellent customer service in a social or commercial setting.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
Stonewater reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.