MTVH, is seeking to recruit an experienced Enforcement Fire Safety & Technical Lead based working from our Waterfront House site in Beeston. This post does support agile working and will require travel to other offices as and when required.
Free on-site parking is available with a limited number of electric charging points which can be booked in advance.
This role has the responsibility to ensure that MTVH meets its legal obligations and keeps our customer safe. The post holder will support the Head of Fire Safety in ensuring MTVH meets its legal responsibilities with respect to technical fire safety and the delivery of fire safe properties for all relevant persons. You will influence all aspects of fire safety including contractor works, development, service/maintenance as well as policy and budget priority decisions. In addition, you will take the lead on communication and partnership working with Local Authority Fire Services and other statutory organisations in respect of Enforcement and Audit processes, and manage a team of in-house technical staff
- Challenge department performance to ensure high quality services are delivered, in line with policy and procedure
- Ensure MTVH is fully compliant with all relevant statutory, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Ensure that risk-based decisions are always considered and manage the fire service PAPs and relationships
- Ensure staff performance is formally reviewed in accordance with MTVH policy and that regular one to ones are held with your staff.
- Be the responsible person for effective management of risk to the health and safety of customers in the homes we own and manage in respect of fire safety
- Ensure payments are made according to the terms of the contract and following MTVH financial regulations.
- Review quality assurance inspection reports and consultant output/post inspections to ensure that works have been undertaken to the required standard and in accordance with the contract specification.
- Have oversight and co-ordinate the FRA programme, with the ability qualifications to sign off fire risk assessments, including FRAs from 3rd parties
- Visit sites as required to identify and rectify issues both pro-actively and in emergency situations.
- Chair and co-ordinate the technical aspects of management meetings for contractors and consultants
- Deal with all enquiries and support requests relating to technical and regulatory fire safety issues from internal stakeholders, and be the point of contact between the operational fire safety team and Safer Buildings directorate.
- Consider and propose improvements to systems, procedures, and the service generally to help in the continuous improvement of the service taking on board feedback from internal stakeholders
- Assist with the procurement and commercial evaluation of contracts. Provide feedback on the contract specification, making recommendations on where the standard specification can be improved.
- Act as the MTVH internal expert within the fire safety team to ensure compliance with regulatory, industry and client requirements and ensure that satisfaction with your service is kept high and targets are met
- To professionally represent MTVH with Regulatory bodies and industry representatives
- Monitor maintenance, compliance and servicing regimes and act as technical sign-off for new developments, as an internal ‘soft landings’ service.
- Assist the Head of Fire Safety in the technical aspects for the review of specifications, policies and procedures that address key areas of risk across MTVH.
- Support the Head of Fire Safety in the technical aspects of new processes that address changes in legislation in respect of our landlord obligations
- Ensure that our contractors have the appropriate third-party accreditation for their service specialism and that Consultants are performing effective Quality Control and ensure contracts are fully compliant with all relevant statutory, regulatory, and corporate requirements
- Lead for ensuring the IT systems and reporting used to record and monitor fire safety programmes are fit for purpose
- Be the responsible person for effective management of risk and lead on training to the rest of the organisation regarding fire safety
What you'll get in return
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing your skills. We offer excellent benefits, including:
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays and an additional Belief Day, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Matched contribution pension scheme (up to 9%)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- Plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established an organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose is that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide us in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.