At Hightown, we`re a charitable housing association that builds homes and supports people. We provide affordable homes and a wide range of care and supported housing services across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Our aim is to deliver demonstrable social value and impact in all of our activities.
About the role
The role will include managing a team of staff who are responsible for tenancy management, including: tenancy sign ups and reviews, dealing withbreaches of tenancies, managinganti-social behaviour cases andensuring that tenants are able to become involved in the management of their homes. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the Income Recovery and Lettings Managerto ensure that General Needs properties are let in a timely manner and that appropriate action is taken to deal with arrears of rent and charges.
The Housing Team Area Manager will seek to deliver an excellent level of service in the context of changing residents` needs, regulatory requirements and best practice.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of landlord and tenant law/homelessness legislation and regulatory requirements
- Excellent Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- The ability to manage and lead a team
Who we are looking for
Were keen to recruit a Housing Team Area Manager who can help us ensure that we deliver a highly professional customer focused housing management service to Hightowns residents in General Needs rented accommodation.
Our values are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Salary of £42,369 pa for a 35 hour week
- Workplace pension
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus of 1.25%
- Regular market reviews of salary and cost of living
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year including bank holidays, rising with service to 35 days
- Life assurance cover of three times your annual salary
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
- Onsite gym
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below and click the job description to find out more.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 10th July 2022
Interviews scheduled: Monday 18th July 2022
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.