Job Title: Customer Support Officer
Location: Colindale office
Salary: Circa £26,058
The Barnet Group is currently seeking to recruit a Customer Support Officer who will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support for services within the Housing Needs Teams helping to ensure that the team operates effectively and efficiently.
The Housing Options Service at Barnet Homes is at the frontline of homelessness in Barnet, providing housing and homelessness advice. A key function of the Customer Support Officer role is to help prepare customers for their housing needs assessment by supporting customers to upload their documents to the customer portal. Carrying out ‘pre-appointments’ for our customers who cannot access the portal. The Customer Support Officer will also provide comprehensive administrative support to ensure we can deliver a streamlined and effective service.
The post holder will need to provide a high standard of customer service and utilise strong communication skills both face to face and over the telephone with clients. The role will report into the New Applications Team Manager and will work closely with other staff and teams within the service.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of working in a face-to-face customer focused environment
- An awareness of social housing and relevant government agendas
- A high standard of verbal and written literacy and numeracy
- An understanding of what constitutes excellent customer care, how it can be measured and improved and a commitment to delivering it.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of audiences, and convey complex information in a straightforward way in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to draw logical conclusions from personal observations and interviews with customers
- Ability to resolve difficult and confrontational situations
- Ability to maintain accurate case notes ensuring they are completed in a timely manner within target timescales and to maintain information on databases
- Ability to prioritise well within a challenging environment
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team and to support colleagues, including managers, within a team
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to work with databases and MS Office applications
Currently the Housing Options Service is located at 3 Bristol Avenue, London, NW9 4EW
Closing date: 3rd July 11:59pm
You will receive a Flexible benefit allowance of 5% of your base salary. Flexible benefits are hosted by AON and will allow you to choose from a variety of benefits.