Housing Support Officer
£23,000 per annum
Temporary – 6-month contract
Full-time, 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Change Housing, together with its subsidiaries Hilldale Housing Association and Quays Housing, provide specialist supported housing and homelessness bridging accommodation. We offer more than just bricks and mortar – most of our customers need some additional support or services to enable them to live independently and well. We work with local authorities and care providers to provide independent living accommodation which suits the needs of customers.
We are currently seeking a Housing Support Officer to join our Quays Housing Team, to assist with providing advice and support to residents allocated within the Emergency Accommodation schemes.
Main Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assess the needs of residents allocated within Quays Housing’s Emergency Accommodation properties in order to facilitate appropriate support.
- Work with vulnerable households; support agencies and Brighton & Hove City Council to reduce eviction rates due to anti-social behaviour and other breaches of the license agreement
- Take lead in recovery of ineligible charges from the residents at the emergency accommodation schemes
- Liaise with the Quays Housing income team on a regular basis to maximise the recovery of ineligible charges from the residents at the emergency accommodation schemes
- Carry out routine inspections, reporting disrepair and / or other concerns to the central office and maintenance team
For this role you’ll need to have the following skills and experience;
- Proven experience of working with accommodation housing management services (preferably within homeless services)
- Knowledge of what welfare benefits residents could qualify for and the experience of previously supporting residents in claiming the said benefits
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and IT literate
- Knowledge and experience in health and safety requirements for housing