We’re one of the largest G15 Housing Associations, providing services to over 71,000 customers across more than 30,000 mixed-tenure properties in in the South of England. We’re a successful, forward-thinking organisation ranked within the top 50 Best Companies to work for in London, as well as the top 100 best not-for-profit organisations!
We’re looking for a Paralegal to join our team based in Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport. We offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home when necessary, so we’ll provide you with mobile working equipment.
The role in detail:
Playing a pivotal role within the Legal Services team, the Paralegal will provide invaluable support to the colleagues, carrying out responsibilities such as:
- Drafting, preparing and collating legal documents
- Court bundling
- Carrying out legal research
- Taking witness statements and meeting with experts
- Collating disclosure information with redaction
- Attending court and presenting court applications if required
- Providing general administrative assistance to solicitors in the team
The role is permanent, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
What we need from you:
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven legal research skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Litigation experience or experience of working in a similar position within a Housing, private practice or in-house setting would be extremely advantageous!
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please utilise this to provide additional information on why you are the best candidate for this role, matching your skills and experience to the criteria as set out in the job role profile and person specification. Unfortunately, if you are not able to demonstrate how you meet the above skills and criteria within your CV, cover letter or application then you will not be shortlisted.
What we’ll offer you
- A competitive salary of circa to £30,000, depending on experience
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days!
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- Flexible working options to our colleagues as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance
- More information can be found on our careers page – www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/careers/
Closing Date: 9th March 2022
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents.
Southern Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.