Location: Area covers Newbury, Basingstoke, Chippenham, Frome, Andover
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term Contract - 14 Month Maternity cover
About the role
As an Area Manager within our Housing team you will take ownership of the management, development and support of the local area team to deliver excellent resident service and engagement.
This role requires you to work within communities on a regular basis engaging with residents and colleagues to ensure great service and high standards of compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and improve key business performance using a balanced scorecard that will include business performance (occupancy and debt in particular), resident experience (CSAT, engagement), safety and compliance, budget performance and colleague performance and engagement
- To manage, develop and support local area team to deliver excellent resident service and contribute to driving change in line with Anchor business aims and objectives
- To contribute to and deliver the rented housing strategic plan at a local level and drive a continuous improvement culture
- Ensure local service delivery is compliant with all regulatory, statutory and internal governance/policy requirements
The Area Manager role is a key position; we need customer focused individuals who have exceptional customer service standards. You should put the customer at the heart of your decision making and be an ambassador for our values.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our heartfelt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us, the places they live and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Mental health support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.