The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
We have a new permanent opportunity for a Data Engineering Manager to lead and be accountable for the implementation, execution and running of the centralised data warehouse in line with the wider data architecture to deliver Guinness’s data requirement needs.
- Proven experience and success as a Data Engineering Manager (or equivalent) within a complex organisation.
- Experience in managing stakeholder's expectations, planning the roadmap of data integration in line with business needs.
- Track record and ability in building and coaching a highly skilled team, leading and delegating activities to achieve success.
- Experienced in dealing with and integrating significantly varied datasets, technologies and data management.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data management concepts such as traceability, lineage, system of record and authority, master data and reference data.
- Strong data modelling skills with on premises and cloud-based data platforms with experience in SSIS, SSMS, SQL, T-SQL, ADF.
- Data architecture and modelling on SQL Server, Microsoft Azure SQL database or other MPP database technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- Experience of the social housing sector and applications.
- Implementation and/or migration experience of Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics/Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Implementation of Master Data Management solutions. • Experience with Oracle and other non-Microsoft solutions
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent) in computing related subject and/or significant experience in a data engineering/management capacity
Please note we currently have a hybrid work model where we are based in the office 2 days a week and at home 3 days a week.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.