MTVH has bold ambitions for tackling carbon emissions from our 57,000 homes. This is an exciting new opportunity at MTVH within our Property Directorate. As Head of Decarbonisation, you will have the responsibility to deliver our decarbonisation strategy. This will include the delivery of programmes, research projects, resident engagement strategy, supplier relationships and data quality and management. You will be responsible for delivering the outcomes and success of our complex decarbonisation investment programmes.
Our strategy is in place and enjoys strong board and Executive team support. You will have the opportunity to guide our delivery and influence change within a highly regulated sector.
Duties will include, but not be limited to
- Ensure programmes and works meet regulatory, industry and government standards and requirements including but not limited to PAS 2035
- To professionally represent MTVH with regulatory bodies, stakeholders and industry representatives where required to deputise by the Director
- Be the ‘responsible person’ for effective management of risk to the health and safety of customers in our homes specific to your remit
- Work closely with planned renewal and operations teams to incorporate strategic decarbonisation activities within operational programme plans
- Provide regular reporting on delivery, progress against targets and programme outcomes both internally and where required to meet external funder’s and stakeholder’s reporting requirements
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting including ET and drafting Business Plans and one-off Papers
- Establish, maintain and regularly review policy, procedures and processes to deliver cost effective services and address key areas of risk, be responsible for drafting and developing effective, fit for purpose compliance Policy for the Organisation
- Lead on implementation of new processes regarding any changes in legislation in respect of our landlord obligations
- Responsible for an annual combined budget in the region of £8m; seeking to achieve value for money throughout the life of each contract under management
- Lead the procurement and commercial evaluation of contracts. Provide feedback on the contract specification, making and implementing recommendations to improve MTVHs contract specifications
- Ensure that our contractors have the appropriate third party accreditation for their service specialism and that Consultants are performing effective Quality Control and ensure contracts are fully compliant with all relevant statutory, regulatory and corporate requirements
- Assure the delivery of programmes, projects or instruct any work to be carried out in accordance with required policy and procedures and within agreed costs and timescales
For the full role profile see the attached JD.
As you will be leading the decarbonisation programmes at MTVH extensive specialist knowledge within this area is essential. Ysou will be able to demonstrate the ability to run complex programmes and manage significant budgets effectively. The ability to build strong networks and collaborate to achieve excellence for our customer will be paramount in your success.
Your experience will have been gained within a residential investment setting relating to retrofit and decarbonisation , preferably in a regulated environment. Detailed understanding of PAS2035 and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements is essential. More than anything, MTVH believes that decarbonisation is about people, our residents and customers. You will be able to demonstrate exceptional customer delivery experience in your former roles. If you believe you are the person that can truly deliver this strategy, we look forward to hearing from you.
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established an organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose is that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide us in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
What you'll get in return
We also offer a wide range of benefits. Please take a look at our benefits document attached.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.