As one of the largest providers of affordable housing and care services in England, The Guinness Partnership is here to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great place to work and to be a great business. Everything we do is about our customers, our communities, and our people. And every pound we make is invested in achieving our social purpose.
We have an opportunity for an Estates Services Officer to join our team in Brighton on a full time, permanent basis working 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Reporting into the Estates & Grounds Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of Estate Assistants who deliver an amazing level of gardening and cleaning services across several housing schemes in the Brighton, Newhaven and Hove areas.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for scheduling and facilitating of the Estates Services and for ensuring work carried out is delivered in line with agreed budgets and in compliance with Health & Safety, COSHH and PPE legislation. You’ll liaise with customers and colleagues on site to help identify service improvements, ensure the reporting of repairs, fly tipping, graffiti and safeguarding alerts and monitor the stock and supply of all allocated equipment, (vehicles and materials), confirming compliance checks are in place to ensure safety of use.
We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of leading a team to deliver great customer service. You’ll be someone who enjoys being a motivational leader and promoting Guinness whilst modelling our behaviours. You’re the sort of manager who has high standards, is both a pacesetter and works collaboratively at all levels. Most of all, you enjoy enabling your team to be the best they possibly can be.
You should have and be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of leading, managing and developing remote working teams and staff members.
- A good track record of working to agreed standards, specifications, and timescales.
- Experience of delivering high quality Estate Services including all aspects of gardening, internal cleaning of residential blocks, weed-spraying and bulk waste removal.
- Direct experience of working with customers and customer feedback in a service delivery environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of compliance processes and relevant Health and Safety legislation, e.g., COSHH, PPE, RIDDOR
- Experience of budget management, cost control and stock management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A good level of IT knowledge including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence (business mileage will be paid)
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.