The Calico Group is a group of specialist companies and charities. Together we work with a shared purpose: to make a real difference to people’s lives. To do this, each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise. Together, we have established a track record across the North West for providing a complete community service that includes housing, healthcare, support, employability and construction.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
What you'll be doing
In your role within Calico’s Leadership team, you will play a vital role, responsible for all governance, regulatory and legal compliance matters. You will advise and give support to Boards, Committees, Group Company Secretary and the Executive Team on effective and efficient governance practice.
Your role will involve managing a small and busy team and you will play a key role in a partnering and support function, collaborating with internal governance and assurance colleagues of Group Companies and Group Business Services to ensure the business is effectively managing risk and performance and is meeting required standards.
You will be based at Calico Head Office, Centenary Court, Croft Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 2ED.
Your hours of work would be 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The salary for this role is £55,000 per annum.
What you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- Generous occupational pay and pension schemes
- Health Benefits
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Being part of a values led culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 2nd in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
What you’ll need to be a success
- A commitment to understanding our customers and driving a customer focused culture providing high quality services that meet their needs,
- A great communicator and collaborator who is confident in building and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and wider stakeholders,
- Experience of working with Boards of non-executive Directors providing them with support, training and guidance on governance,
- Experience of improving risk and performance management frameworks,
- A good understanding of regulatory requirements and wider changes in the social housing, charity and construction sectors.
Ready to apply?
If you think you have everything we're looking for, then we'd love to hear from you. You can apply using the link below. Send us your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the knowledge, skills, experience and motivations outlined in the role profile.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 31st July 2022
1st stage interviews are expected to take place on late July but we will be flexible around holidays.
Not the job for you? Have a look at what other exciting opportunities the Calico group has to offer https://calicojobs.co.uk/